Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my readers! I hope you are all enjoying your holiday.

I wanted to share a service project that my son did this Thanksgiving to help those less fortunate in our community. Every year (for the last 20 years), my son's karate school has done a kick-a-thon to raise money to feed the needed Thanksgiving dinner. They collect the money and buy food, package into large baskets and deliver it to families in need in our community. I thought this was a very worthy cause and I thought it would help my son understand that there are many people who need a little help every once in a while. I thought it was especially good for him to see that there are people in need right here in our town, these are our neighbors.

He was eager to collect donations from family and friends. Each person donated per kick and then he performed a whopping 1000 kicks in one 45min class! He was able to raise enough money to feed three families Thanksgiving dinner this year. I am so happy that he had this opportunity for service, sometimes kids forget how good they have it.



No comments:

Post a Comment