Friday, August 16, 2013

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome to Expedition Montessori!

I would like to introduce myself and my family. My name is Erin and I am a Montessori Homeschooling mom of two. I have a seven year old son T, and a 19 month old daughter B. My son attended a local Montessori school for two years when he was 4 and 5. The school was having some administration issues in that second year and we decided not to send him back. We did his first year of elementary at home last year when he was 6. I had some basic knowledge of Montessori but it was a parent's view not a teacher's view. I didnt know exactly what each material taught or when they were taught. It was pretty rough on us on our first year homeschooling. My son was eager to learn but I was not at all prepared for teaching him. I did not plan to homeschool and Montessori is a difficult route when you are jumping in at elementary. There are plenty of resources for preschool/primary Montessori out there on the internet but not all that many for elementary. We pushed through the year and Ive been learning along with him. I hope to share our struggles and our triumphs with you as we continue on our journey of discovery with Montessori homeschooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment